Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's About Damn Time

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the people of Riverpark Towers have decided they care about their residents. No more are the days when paying rent was the only contact we had with them. Now we get monthly newsletters, a computer lab, a resident community council of sorts, new sand on the volleyball court, massive improvements in some of the buildings (not mine, of course), and free pizza during exam week. They even have birthday announcements in the newsletters. I assume that they are employees' birthdays, as there are probably more than 2 people in the entire complex with birthdays in March. This is a huge improvement on the last three years. Too bad I'm finally getting out of here in June.

Rent's still pretty darn high, but at least I can see that some of that money's coming back to me. Well, not me specifically, as I doubt I'll use the computer lab or the volleyball court, but me as a resident. Hell, I'll just be happy that the newsletter has a calendar on the back that tells me when rent is due. It's nice to have a reminder. Speaking of which, I'm going to go pay rent.

No comments: