Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Darn

A little while ago I mentioned that OU's hockey team was going to go to the national tournament and beat up on Rhode Island for being unrightfully placed first in the rankings. Alas, I am now an ass. Not only did they not beat up on Rhode Island, they didn't even get a chance to play them. They were knocked out in the second round by none other than the evil Lindenwood. I was happy to find out that the game went into triple overtime. At least they didn't go down easy. I wouldn't be surprised to see something of a rivalry spring up between the two. Or at least, I wouldn't be surprised to see OU go all gung-ho after Lindenwood for the rest of forever now. I'd be pissed. They sure weren't supposed to finish out the year in 5th.

Thus ends the saga of OU's glorious 2006 season of suckitude. It started out so promising, too. Beat the Canadians for the first time ever and beat Penn State at their home for the first time in 8 years, completely owned the CSCHL. Then they had to go and finish second in the CSCHL tournament and fifth in the national one. At least they've got the CSCHL regular season championship. Technically that's not suckitude, but I stand by what I said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should come join me in winter park, florida. apparently winter park, florida is in north western ohio...

Buttercup said...

So long as it's still Florida.

Anonymous said...

it says florida, so it must be florida...

Buttercup said...

I'm going to get flooded out today, so I'll just ride the flood to Florida. It'll save on gas.