Wednesday, March 29, 2006

An Average of "Average"

Today's 8 AM adventure was not so promising as Monday's. I was not operating at full capacity this morning. Granted, I was still in pretty good shape, just not fantastic. So, as I told Megan, my record for mornings averages out at average. It sounded way cooler and more scientific on the phone. I promise.

So, there's this guy in one of my classes, and he's suddenly decided he wants to be my friend (actually, I think he might be looking for more than that, but I don't want to be all conceited and outright say it, nor do I have any interest in it anyway). He and I were in a class together last quarter and he took no notice of me there. Suddenly, I'm an interesting person. It kind of unnerves me. He freaking followed me home after class. I had to make up a reason to get out of my apartment to get rid of him because I didn't want to be all, "Uhhh, why are you following me? Get the hell out of my apartment." I guess I didn't have to actually make up a reason. I had to drop some books off at the library and take a pink slip to Chubb. I just hadn't really intended to do that right after class. The guy's in the same kind of boat I am. All of his friends are in a different city and he's a little lonely out here, so I don't want to be full on rude to him. I don't mind being his friend, but I've known him for a total of three days. You don't just randomly follow me home after knowing me for three days. It's creepy.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy some mace. you never know.

Buttercup said...

No, he's a nice guy. I just don't want to have him over here after class every freaking day.

Anonymous said...

"Uhhh, why are you following me? Get the hell out of my apartment."

Your first reaction was the right one. Maybe he really is a nice guy, buy some mace anyway.

Anonymous said...

you know, that powder guy is a very intelligent, good looking, dependable guy. not that i know him, but i base my opinion on the fact that he agreed with me. which automatically makes him awesome.

Anonymous said...

:-D

Anonymous said...

And you are correct, awesome he is.

Anonymous said...

now the j character is trying to jump on powder's coattails and become amazingly awesome by agreeing with me...unfortunately, you must be a little more creative than that. cookies are a good place to start.

Anonymous said...

Cookies...not in the shape of a rocket, that would just look bad...

I bet you would prefer cookies in the shape of a Falcon, with ugly orange and brown icing. Those would look better than a blue and gold rocket anyway :P

Anonymous said...

dear ashley...i hope your eyes get eaten out by a falcon.

you know, rockets are kinda like airplanes. and birds, like falcons, get sucked into airplane jets all the time. then the birds explode. just a happy little tidbit of information.

Anonymous said...

Also it's not so great on the airplane either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOD

How did we go from stalkers to dead birds?

Anonymous said...

yeah, airplanes can't handle it, but the rocket goes "fuck you, bird" and keeps going. usually in the general direction of an end zone.

by the way, ashley, did you happen to catch the ut-bg game this year? your precious little birdies got beat!

mr. powder, stalkers and dead birds go together like peas and carrots.

Anonymous said...

ashley:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/creepytrailerguy/toashley.jpg

Anonymous said...

"stalkers and dead birds go together like peas and carrots."

What's bizare is that that actually makes sense.

Anonymous said...

i would be delighted if you could explain to me how that makes sense!!

Anonymous said...

To the sister of Jax:

I saw the game, and I froze my ass off the whole time. Yeah, we got beat, but there's always next year or something.

Also, that link made me laugh....A LOT!, though next time I'm at your house, I'll make sure to wear my "special shirt" :P

All this meant in good fun of course ::P

Buttercup said...

Look how popular I am! 15 comments! Well, 16 now. Sure, they might be mostly composed of some Toledo/BG love, but it's good enough for me.

Anonymous said...

special shirt is right, just like the short bus is for special kids.

who said you're ever invited to my house? ellie eats your kind.

i'm glad you think this is all in good fun. that means you'll be all the more unsuspecting when a giant rocket comes to suck you into its jet engine.

and as you can tell...i obviously got the art skills in the family. it's okay to be jealous.