Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Show Me The Love

I think the hockey team played the entire tournament this past weekend drunk. Their coach said they were unfocused all weekend and were ultimately beaten by stupid Illinois in the final game. Coach said they should have lost their first game against Kent but somehow managed to scrape a win out of that one anyway. Hopefully they don't do that again in two weeks. I demand that they win the national tournament. ACHA has decided that since OU beat Penn State that Rhode Island will be in first place and OU will be in second (granted, Rhode Island beat Penn State, too). Nobody loves the Bobcats. I don't know what Rhode Island's mascot is. Probably something stupid. People should quit loving them. Except their mothers. Their mothers can continue showing the love.

Maybe OU loves themselves enough for everyone else. Apparently this Saturday night the Bobcats are playing the CSCHL All-Star team. I don't know if this is something all the CSCHL teams do or if it's just a display of bravado on the part of the Bobcats, but I think it's awesome.

I found out today that my lungs don't love me. I decided that instead of sitting on my butt all afternoon I'd go take a jog, as it is not too hot and not too cold. It's been a looooong time and I was concerned that my legs would break or that I'd have a heart attack or something. My legs and heart cooperated nicely, but my lungs would have none of it. I forced them into participation and now they're pissed. I'm a little concerned about mutiny. To show them that I mean business, we're doing this again tomorrow. Eventually they'll learn what's up. Or I'll die.

I am very happy at the moment that I am not a racehorse owner, and also that I don't know any. I mean, check these out. All of them died within a couple of weeks of each other. It's sad. It's also more than a little creepy.

No comments: