Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Think They'll Let Me Have The Overtime Again?

I'm thinking of changing my address to my work address. I pretty much live there these days. I should stop being so agreeable. Any time someone calls and asks me to work for them I say yes, even when I don't really want to. Take tomorrow, for example. I was all pumped about having two days off in a row, but someone called and my "weekend" was cut in half. It didn't have to be. I could have said no. I know this. But I didn't. I always say yes. And it really doesn't bother me that much. I always think that it will be nice to have nothing to do, but when I have a night off, all I do is walk around the house trying to find something to do. Often that turns into a trip to Walmart. So, at least at work there are plenty of things to do. I think I'm going to sit on my ass all night, though.

Going in tomorrow gives me 6 days this week, which inevitably means overtime, which Marion's does not like to pay. I predict that I will not be allowed to have it this week, as I had a few hours of overtime last week, because, once again, people called and said they needed me and I predictably said yes. Granted, Tuesday it was pretty dire. Either I came in or we didn't open. The situation isn't exactly dire this time. Not for the store anyway, just for the person I'm working for. They'll probably make me leave early on Friday. Boo.

1 comment:

CreepyTrailerGuy said...

i really don't know what to do with myself. 2 updates 2 days in a row!!! holy crap! i may be home on sunday but i haven't totally decided yet. we'll see.