Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Silly Time Warner

I had an envelope in my mail today from Time Warner Cable with "Please Accept Our Apology" written on the front in big, blue letters. I said, "Only if your apology comes in the form of cash," as I was assuming it was going to be a "we're raising your rates" apology. Anyway, I opened the letter and it was blabbing on about how their recent billing conversion was causing problems for people and the volume of calls about that had hindered their previously impeccable customer service and concluded with "Over the past few weeks, we haven't met your expectations for great service, and we're sorry. Please accept these free CAPA and Columbus Zoo tickets as our thanks for your patience during this time." So, I hadn't dealt with their customer service at all. I hadn't noticed anything, but because a bunch of other people were pissed, I now possess two tickets to the CAPA Summer Movie Series and two tickets to the Columbus Zoo. Way cool. I don't know anything about the CAPA Summer Movie Series. I don't even know what CAPA stands for. So I'm going to go investigate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

grandma and aunt jan sent back their rsvp cards, and they are actually coming to the wedding.

twins! holy hell...

Buttercup said...

Holy hell indeed. And apparently one of them's a meanie. Congratulations, though.

Anonymous said...

New template! nifty.

Buttercup said...

I'm not sure I like it, but I didn't like the giant dots on the top of the old one, so it's better than that one.