Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hax0red

Oh hackers, how we love ye. I want to blame the whole situation on OU, but I'm not sure I can. I think this might be the work of pathetically obsessed jerkwads with way too much time on their hands. I'm not sure that OU was actually the screw up this time. Or these times, rather, as it has happened three times in the last few weeks now. It's rather disconcerting. They have firewalls and all that jazz and I'd assume they have pretty fancy protection stuffs going on. It's certainly not for lack of finances if they don't. I wasn't concerned about this latest hacking because it was in Hudson's data and I hadn't ever been sick enough to go to Hudson. Then I remembered that I did go there for a TB test. And even if there hadn't been that, it's the student health center. Who knows what kind of info they have there?

The FBI's all over this and there were news vans all over campus today. Channel 4 was here, but there was no Chopper 4. Too bad. Their news van does not fly, but it does have a giant satellite on top. The news vans were how I found out about this latest one. I had to watch the news to figure out what all the news stations were doing on campus. It's not often the Columbus media is interested enough in a story down here to actually send crews to Athens. I'm quite convinced they only do it to make fun of us, though. They like to compare us to OSU in a not so flattering way. Someone said that they did a story on the girl that got kidnapped and driven around the state or whatever a few years ago and made it sound like that kind of thing happens here all the time (which it doesn't). They proceeded to follow that story with one about the superb safety of OSU's campus. Which do you think is safer, Athens or Columbus?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might be an opprotunte time to run a credit check on yourself. Don't want to find out you've recently purchased a quarter million dollar home or some crazy stuff.

Buttercup said...

Yes it is. As soon as I remember to do it I'm doing that and putting a fraud alert on my stuff, too.

Anonymous said...

So.... are we going to hear some butch guy's voice over of you talking about buying a monster truck on a credit-card commercial?