Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tough Stuff

I did something brave. With much convincing from Christina I sent an e-mail to a guy I met in a bar here in Athens a few weeks ago. I even sent him my phone number. Now I'm going to sit here and freak out about whether or not he's going to call me and if he does what the hell I'll say to him. He was a really nice guy. Nice while drunk, anyway. He's also from Centerville, so it doesn't matter as much that I'm graduating and leaving Athens for good. I'm just getting all freaked out about it. Because I'm like that. Hooray for bravery.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Ohh! more juicy details!? Atta-girl to you hope it pans out. Just talk about whatever, stories about how you got screwed with classes, your ginormous puppy, and ofcourse don't forget to act like you're fascinated by everything he does to keep him talking as well.

Jax said...

I think it's all for naught. Haven't heard anything back from him. He probably doesn't quite remember me. He was drunk when we met. And it was two weeks ago. There's a good chance he thinks I'm a crazy obsessive freak now. But there's an equally good chance that he just doesn't check his e-mail all that often.

Scott said...

I've been told there's "rules" to this "game." ...Forget passing 'Go', I think I never even rolled the dice.

But perhaps, if you met a few weeks ago but took this long to e-mail him, he thinks he needs to wait some kind of magical time period before he replies.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have no idea why in the world you waited so long. I have obviously taught you nothing. But yes, if he doesn't respond it is because of one of three things:
1) All the computers he touches are unable to access internet so he is no longer able to check his e-mail.
2) He is gay
3) He died. In a freak petting zoo accident. Ironic.

Walt's stupid "California time" means the Reds game isn't on until 10:15 :(

~Christina

Anonymous said...

Yeah something must have happened to keep him from responding. And when in doubt, you can always blame it on television and those damned meddling kids. Or the rain.