Thursday, April 06, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

I'm not generally one to like these kinds of movies, and honestly, after seeing it, I'll probably regret it. But how can you not want to see a movie starring Samuel L. Jackson called Snakes on a Plane? Want to know why this movie is going to be awesome and yet horrible? Because the title is exactly what happens in the movie. Crazy psycho dude unleashes a crate of poisonous snakes in an airplane mid-flight. There's a clip somewhere of Mr. Jackson plugging it on Ellen's show. You can tell he thinks it's going to be horrific. I believe his comment was something like, "I didn't even read the script. I saw the title 'Snakes on a Plane' and said, 'Great! I'm there!" Steph says that he was looking for a simple action movie but wouldn't do it unless it was called Snakes on a Plane.

My only concern is that I'm going to go into this movie ready for a laugh, and instead they're going to be all serious about it. I don't see how you can make full length film out of snakes on a plane. You step on the snakes, someone smashes in crazy psycho dude's face, problem solved.

Here's a fake trailer for it. It might not be real, but it's still funny.

And here's a real trailer, for to verify it's existence. It's at the bottom of the page.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah,
T-SHIRTS!

http://topatoco.com/snakes.htm

Buttercup said...

There are shirts for this movie already?!

Anonymous said...

It's had a cult following for some time according to a friend of mine who's into 'underground' stuff like that.

Buttercup said...

Hmmm. I didn't think it'd be all undergroundy, what with Samuel L. Jackson and all.

Anonymous said...

Well...it is "Snakes on a Plane." The only place a concpet like that can be born is in the underground.

Besides which, it isn't a remake, and is therefore an original idea (maybe not "original" but certainly new) and therefore cannot have come out of mainstream Hollywood. Hollywood ran out of ideas four years ago, and they don't know how to plug in the idea machine.

Dear God, if I weren't at work I would be watching those trailers, and I ahve a bad bad feeling that I would be absolutely in love with this flick.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAHAH I watched it anyway.


...


HAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHAHAH

TAZE 'EM IN THE FACE

Buttercup said...

I think you probably would be in love with it. How can you not? It's Samuel L. Jackson. And snakes. On a plane.