Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm The Boss

Marion's done gone and made me a manager. Yay for more money! Boo for dealing with bitchy customers and check out! Also boo on everyone there that doesn't believe me. Everybody kept asking if I was a manager now and to most of them I just said yes. However, I told Eryn that I had spilled bleach on my shirt and it turned blue. She believed me. Nathan thought it was just for a day and promptly flipped out when I told him it was forever. The only person at work who congratulated me was Amy. Everybody else just said, "That's gonna be weird." No freaking kidding! It's going to be a while before they take me seriously as the boss. Not the boss boss, just a peon boss.

Tonight I will hopefully get shirts that fit. Yesterday I got hand-me-down shirts from other people. The shirts are men's neck sizes. The one I wore last night was a 17 1/2. It went down to my knees.

Doing cash pulls sucks. Counting down the drawers sucks. Remembering all the crap we have to do with the computer system sucks. Trying to make people do what I tell them sucks. At least I can remember the code for the alarm. And I get my own manager's card (with nifty cool retractable string) and keys tonight!

Tonight it's just me and Levi. That's going to be interesting. Levi does not yet know that I get to wear the same color shirt he does.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mucho congrats!

Scott said...

Time to go buy a Trump wig and get out some pent up aggression on your former coworkers

Buttercup said...

No, just being a manager makes them angry enough, apparently. Melissa is generally very nice to me but I got a lovely scowl from her when I walked in the door yesterday. A girl that I know nothing about aside from her name thinks it's bullshit. I've known her for a grand total of 5 days. But they'll get over it. Or they can just be pissy and I'll just hang with the people that still like me.

Scott said...

The good and/or bad thing about being the boss is that they don't have to like you. They just have to do what you tell them to do.

Buttercup said...

Yeah, I know. But I want them to like me. Or at least not hate me. And not think it's bullshit that I'm a manager and they aren't. Apparently my 6 1/2 years of employment aren't worth as much as their 3 or 4 months.

Really I guess it's not as bad as I'm making it sound. Most people still like me and so far the hardest thing I've had to do manager-wise is count money, so I should quit my bitching. But I'm good at it.

Buttercup said...

She's not in high school. I don't know how old she is. I know she has a kid. And now the person that told me about her thinking it was bullshit says I told her about it, so I have no idea what's going on. It's just stupid.

Scott said...

Just remember Ohio is an "at-will" employment state. Meaning you can hire/fire anyone who's not on contract "at-will" with or without cause of any kind