Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy Day After Talk Like a Pirate Day, Me Matey!

Apparently letting the dog in the house has become a point of contention between my dad and me. I don't know why, but he's always upset when I let her in for some reason, and not when my mom lets her in. Let it be known before I tell this story that he never said "Don't let the dog in." He said, "She can stay outside." Son of a gun, I can't put in new paragraphs because AOL is a POS. I apologize for the lack of paragraph breaks. Anyway, on with the story. Ellie was outside and wanted to come inside. Dad says, "She can stay outside." Mom says, "She'll just jump on the door and tear up the screen." I let her in. All is well and good for a little while. My parents are watching NCIS, I'm in my room watching Dancing with the Stars because I'm a dork like that. All of a sudden, dad comes tromping down the hall and I hear "I told you to leave her outside!" I don't recall what I said, if anything. Then dad launches into a big, long tirade about how I'm supposed to do what he says and he doesn't like me doing whatever I want and I may be 24 years old but as long as I live in his house I'm going to do what he says, not what I want. My clever, mature response? "Fine. And I'm not 24."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. It should hopefully work to give him a little bit of a guilt trip that he can't remember how old you are. You should also tell him that's why you're coming to live with me. Ellie can come too :)
~Christina

CreepyTrailerGuy said...

haha. it's not me this time!!

i'm glad that you added that you're not 24. because i read that you were 24 and i was like, "i thought she was 23..." so at least i'm not a super super idiot. just a partial. yay me.