Monday, July 24, 2006

Jacci the Press Secretary

My sister is having twins on August 1 at 10 AM. Hooray for being an aunt! I don't think I'll make a very good aunt, but there's nothing to be done for it. I don't know if I'll even be able to be at the hospital on the 1st. I'll have to discuss with some professors.

Speaking of professors, one of mine seems to think that mock elections are a good idea. We have a Republican group, a Democrat group and a journalists group. I get to be press secretary for the Republicans. It should actually be fun. We haven't decided who we're going to pretend to be, but I think it's going to be Olympia Snow (I think that's her name). She a senator from Maine. We're mock running for president. We assume that the Democrats are going to run Hillary against us. I think we can beat her. Hillary's scary. The most entertaining part of this, I think, is going to be that our campaign manager is a College Democrat and our fake Olympia Snow is a College Republican. I think it will be funny.

Apparently our electorate is going to be another Poli-sci class, so we're not too ecstatic about our chances of winning over what is sure to be a room full of Democrats, but we have strategies. Some of them are simple like e-spamming them. Others involve buying people off for ten dollars. Apparently Dr. Gordon doesn't want us resorting to cheating, but what's a presidential campaign without a little cheating? But, alas, I think we shall be sticking to fair play.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While attempting to think up various ways of bashing Democrats a completely party-neutral observation occured to me:
"Political Science?"

Anonymous said...

You're never online, I don' thave your cell # anymore (phone went through the laundry) and I don't have your email.

I need directions to your house, and this is the only way I know to get ahold of you :)

Anonymous said...

You're going to make a great aunt... keep us updated!!

Buttercup said...

Did you get my IM last night Ashley?

Buttercup said...

Oh, and sure it's science. They call it that, anyway, and since "they" are university types, they can't possibly be wrong. :)

And thank you Jess!